profiler -- numeric overflow?

kmself at ix.netcom.com kmself at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 27 02:36:19 EDT 2000

kmself at ix.netcom.com wrote:
> I'm new to Python.

> ...yes, I've also considered running a smaller sample of the log, but I
> suspect that runtime may grow nonlinearly, large input samples are good.

Followup to Self:

...well, at least things appear to grow linearly.  Runtimes varying
input lines:

  Input     Runtime (sec)   Lines/s
      100        0.210        476
    1,000        3.860        259
   10,000        41.30        242
  100,000      415.670        240

...which is darned close to straight-line growth.  However, performance
is about an order of magnitude less than I'd like to see.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>         http://www.netcom.com/~kmself
  Evangelist, Opensales, Inc.                       http://www.opensales.org