ANNOUNCE: wxPython 2.1.16

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com
Wed Jun 14 00:05:32 EDT 2000

wxPython 2.1.16 is available for download at http://wxpython.org/Download.
This is hopefully the last release before 2.2.

>From the CHANGES.txt file:

New in 2.1.16
-------------

Added an attribute named labelDelta to the generic buttons that
specifies how far to offset the label when the button is in the
depressed state.

Added wxTipProvider and friends.  See the demo for an example.

wxGrid can now change the cell highlight colour.

Added wxDragImage.

Fixed printing on wxGTK.

Added wxDateTime, wxTimeSpan, and wxDateSpan to wxPython.utils.

Added wxCalendarCtrl.

WARNING: A while back I asked what should be done about the Magic
Method Names.  (Methods that are automatically turned into event
handlers by virtue of their name.)  The consensus was that it is more
confusing to have them than to try and expand them to have greater
coverage.  I am finally getting around to removing the code that
generates the event binding.  This means that if you are using any of
the following method names without a EVT_* call that you need to
modify your code to add the EVT_* to hook the event to the method.

    OnChar
    OnSize
    OnEraseBackground
    OnSysColourChanged