Starship ever gonna fly?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Sun Jun 4 19:28:22 EDT 2000

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 04:09:58PM -0700, Kirby Urner wrote:

> The loss of Starship was a real tragedy.  Glad to
> read it's recovering.  But is it?  The same not-
> so-reassuring text has remained unchanged for some
> time.

> Part of what made the Python community seem so vital
> was all these add-ons (like PyOpenGL).  But with
> Starship down for the count, so many of the pointers
> in Vaults of Parnassus are just dead, stone dead.

If you search the list archive or browse the newsgroup for the last few days,
you'll see that Starship is moving, or has been moved, this weekend. It'll
take a few days for the DNS changes to settle, though. After the move, it
should be more actively maintained. (By BeOpen, if I'm not mistaken.)

> Whoever killed Starship did real and lasting damage
> it seems.  Did anyone call the FBI?

I was under the impression that the Big Crash was hardware-related, not a
malicious attack.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>