MySQL module

dana_booth dana at oz.net
Sun Jun 11 13:14:29 EDT 2000

Jeff Bauer <jbauer at rubic.com> wrote:

JB: I've got MySQLdb.py and
JB: _mysqlmodule.so in my .../lib/python1.5/site-packages
JB: directory, which is where build.py is supposed to put
JB: them.

That's another thing that I'd forgotten about... After running build.py,
further instructions say to 'make install', which I did, but only the shared
object ended up in site-packages. I manually copied the MySQLdb.py* files to
site-packages. Not a big deal, but a little thing like that might throw
someone...

I was also surprised that it built and installed on a Windows computer with
no fuss at all. While I'll be using a Linux computer to make the clients
with Tkinter, they'll actually be run on Windows. (with MySQL on OpenBSD :)
Therefore, I was ecstatic to get this module working, it'll make life soooo
much easier!

--

-----
Dana Booth <dana at oz.net>