boolean true and false values.

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Wed Jun 21 12:23:27 EDT 2000

Albert Hofkamp wrote:

> On the other
> hand, I use bool and its true and false values quite often in C++ rather than 0
> and 1 which leaves way to much room for mistakes like assigning 2 to it.

Python will never prevent you from assigning "2" to a variable anyhow.
There's the primary reason that there is little demand for a Python
boolean. It would prevent few mistakes and is thus not that useful. I
think it is a little bit more syntactically nice to say "true" and
"false" but it is not a large deal.

> Also, I am missing the data type 'set'. It can be faked with a dictionary, but it
> is just not the same. Any one else got this problem ?

Another thing that would be nice....

"Music is the stuff between the notes." - Claude Debussy