Controlling an external program with Python

Tony Keating keating at mech.uq.edu.au
Fri Jun 23 22:38:10 EDT 2000

I have a small project that I'm trying to develop in Python. Basically it's
a GUI front end to a interactive text based program. So what I want to do is
start the program, then send various strings to the program, read some output
from the program then send some more strings to the program. Anyone care to
point me in the right direction for this sort of stuff?

Tony.

--
Tony Keating <keating at mech.uq.edu.au> [http://www.mech.uq.edu.au/~tonyk]
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Queensland, AUSTRALIA