Self Nanny

Michael Hudson mwh21 at
Mon Mar 6 18:03:19 CET 2000

Gaetan Corneau <corg at> writes:

> Would programmers who have a background in a language other than C++ really
> miss "self" in the method declarations?

As I understand it, it's not there to make your life easier (or
harder), it's there because Python doesn't have declarations.

I tried to explain this in this article:

and another that doesn't seem to be on deja...

very few people approach me in real life and insist on proving they are
drooling idiots.                         -- Erik Naggum, comp.lang.lisp