Tkinter long menu problem

Gabor Papp rod at
Fri Mar 17 10:57:50 CET 2000

>   This is certainly not what either of you is looking for, but I feel
> compelled to point out that menus with huge cascades are a terrible user
> interface design.  You would be doing your users a huge service to spend
You are right, but there are some circumstances when you need to use it,
for example Netscape bookmarks, the user can have a lot of bookmarks,
the menu must break at the bottom of the screen.
Anyway, we figured out the solution. It's option columnbreak, when this
is set to 1 at a menu item, tk breaks the menu.
Gabor Papp