need fast parser for comma/space delimited numbers

Alex alex at somewhere.round.here
Sun Mar 19 15:00:19 EST 2000

> what pystones are you getting on  your Sparc 10?

athena% ./src/Python-1.5.1/Lib/test/pystone.py
Pystone(1.1) time for 10000 passes = 3.06
This machine benchmarks at 3267.97 pystones/second

I have never used pystone before, so please let me know if this is the
right way.  Noone has bothered to upgrade python for a while around
here, but if you can't get the figures from anyone else, I can
temporarily install the latest python and run pystone on that, too.

Hope this helps.

Alex.