Python advocacy

Brian nospam at noreply.com
Tue Mar 7 11:50:59 EST 2000

> Although I dislike Tcl, I believe it was not designed to scale. Try
> reading ``The Tcl War'' <url:http://www.vanderburg.org/Tcl/war/>.
> Basically, RMS complained about the limitations of Tcl, and various
> people flame him and each other. But Osterhout explains the design
> principles of Tcl.

To be fair, the "Tcl War" thread is REALLY old and Tcl has advanced rapidly
since then and has addressed pretty much all of it's early shortcomings.  It
is now up to version 8.3 and supports Unicode, advanced regular expressions,
OOP, bytecode compilation, complex GUI's etc.  You can find more recent
information here: http://dev.scriptics.com/advocacy/

news:yay8zzv3rjh.fsf at ganglot.ifi.uio.no...