Why should I switch to Python?

Grant Griffin g2 at seebelow.org
Fri May 12 17:43:57 EDT 2000

Francis Glassborow wrote:

> And just possibly, that makes it a good book for programming virgins.
> Now as I think Python is a good language to start with that is OK by me.
> Perhaps you should simply say that experienced programmers learning
> Python are not part of that books potential readership?

My complaint with Python as a learning language is that it spoils you.
Just as it's hard to convice BASIC users of the need to declare
variables in C, it will be hard to convince young Python programmers of
the need to do that and all kinds of other stuff when they proceed to
learn other languages.

if-you-don't-eat-your-meat-you-can't-have-your-pudding!-how-can
   -you-have-any-pudding-if-you-don't-eat-your-meat?!-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation	      http://www.iowegian.com