JPython Status

Arthur Siegel ajs at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 1 03:03:43 EDT 2000

> Sometimes I have noticed that people spend a fair amount of
> effort building something in or for Python, when they could have gotten
> it for free via JPython and a Java package or two.

Amen.

I use the example of Python and graphics, particularly 3D, only because that
happens to be a playpen for me.  The Java resources one can tap from JPython
are vast, but never seem to get mentioned much when the general subject
comes up in Python circles.  Type in Java on the Sourceforge search - and
understand you can be writing Python against almost anything on the pages
and pages of projects that pop-up. JPython needs some work. But why ain't it
the killer Python in the end?