Perl and Python to begin joint development

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 05:43:51 EDT 2001

In article <T%Qx6.1503$C51.446277 at news1.rdc1.tn.home.com>, Mike Callahan
<mcalla at home.com> writes
>This is most most elaborate April's Fools joke I have ever seen. However,
>the thought of merging Python and Perl is more suited to the end of October
>not the beginning of April!
>
>Mike Callahan

Nightmarish perhaps, but not elaborate enough; in years gone by young
London gents have had pedestrians holding bits of tape right round
Picadilly to assist in measurements for road works. There was the TV
documentary on the spaghetti tree harvest and a million others.

Some hoaxers forget the basic rules though,

1) no hoaxing after mid-day (I suppose that has to be local time).

2) no hoaxing of those who mutter the words "white rabbits" audibly.

This year I quite liked the lossy compression hoax; the name LZIP
reminded me of a time when we used to compress our dos exe files with a
neat utility.
--
Robin Becker