[ANNOUNCE] Umbra role-playing game 0.2 pre-alpha

Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
Tue Apr 17 15:49:45 EDT 2001

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:36:44 GMT in <slrn9dohnd.hpu.kno at io.jtan.com>,
Matt Dunford <kno at jtan.com> spake:
>* Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes <kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu>:
>> <http://kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu/~kamikaze/Umbra/>
>Works great on my system.  Not slow at all.  I'm using Python 2.0 on
>Mandrake 7.2.  I'd love to see the source!  :))
>One criticism.  I can't stand the movement dialog box that pops up in
>the Tk version.  It would be nice if you could hide that.

  Okay.  I'd figured on putting it in a button panel below the canvas
Real Soon Now, but couldn't get activating and deactivating buttons to
work correctly on both Linux and Windows (I develop it under SuSE, and
then test under NT before uploading).  I do want mouse users to be able
to use the game, and I want the keys to always be visible (they should
be remappable eventually, but that's *WAY* down my TO DO list).

>But overall, an impressive little project.

  Thanks for the comments!

"I will tell you things that will make you laugh and uncomfortable and really
fucking angry and that no one else is telling you.  What I won't do is bullshit
you.  I'm here for the same thing you are.  The Truth." -Transmetropolitan #39