MSDOS Python

michael.adler at ohnesorge-co.de michael.adler at ohnesorge-co.de
Wed Apr 18 03:35:24 EDT 2001

Hello all together,
is there anybody who tried something like that:

-Boot from MSDOS floppy.
-Start a stripped version of Python (contained on floppy)
-Download a HTML page from a URL (via modules like URLLIB, URLPARSE, etc.)

One problem I investigated is, that the Python for DOS Version (Python 1.52)
used runs under MSDOS-protected mode, but the socket libraries of
MS-Network-Client 3.0 are running under MSDOS-real mode.

I'd appreciate very much any suggestions.

TIA

Michael