Plethora of strange cracker newbie questions

Andrew Murray mr.murray at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 24 04:00:30 EDT 2001

I don't think requests like this are wierd. What
if they are trying to track the status of a server
on which they are hosting data? Set up a cron job:
to a)ping /scan the server b)email themselves with
any problems or c)attempt to contact them via irc...

Even if they are interested in cracking, virus/worm authoring
etc... I think such topics are a natural thing for a young programmer
to be interested in (for the theory, not the application) and usually people
learn a good deal about useful topics (tcp/ip stack, DNS etc) in the
process.
I think curiosity is always a great thing, as long as nobody gets
hurt : )

Andrew Murray
news:3B85E791.E18BA991 at engcorp.com...