PyQt binary for Windows....but?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 21 16:30:58 EDT 2001

Greg Copeland <gtcopeland at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Does the KDE libs also work?  Last I looked, PyQT was really made up of
> two libraries.  Once was the qt lib and the other way the kde lib.  Does
> the KDE lib work/come with the Win distro?

First, the old PyKDE was for KDE 1.1.2 - Jim Bublitz is working very
hard on a new release for KDE 2, but it isn't done yet.. But of course,
that won't help anyone on Windows - KDE doesn't run on Windows, so it's
useless to try and make bindings for it...

Still, that doesn't detract from the usefulness of PyQt - Qt in itself
is quite sufficient for extremely advanced GUI programming, including
openGL work. Indeed, PyQt alone offers too much to fit into one fairly
large book...

Work is already in progress on supporting Qt 3 - which will also be
available on OS/X.

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org