Pythonwin does not run on my machine

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Tue Aug 21 23:09:39 EDT 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:29:12 +1000, Kim C Tran <KCT at EMIA.com.au> wrote
in comp.lang.python in article
<mailman.998443952.32658.python-list at python.org>:

:Hi,
:
:I had installed python21 and I have no problem running the Python.exe
:but PythonW.exe(Pythonwin) does not run at all.
:Am I missing out something ?? My computer is window NT

Pythonw.exe is just the same python interpreter as python.exe, except
that it hides the MSDOS console window.

PythonWin is a completely separate program (unless you downloaded and
installed ActiveState Python, in which case it is included).

Look on your Start Menu, under programs. You should find Python21 listed
there somewhere. Select that, and you should see
Python GUI (IDLE)
Python Command Line
several documentation choices

AND

IF PythonWin is installed on your system, then under
Start > Programs > Python21

You will also see PythonWin as a choice.

If it is not there, then go here:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActivePython/Extensions/Win32all

and download and install it.

--