simple example of mimelib? and embedding (not attaching) images in email sent with python.

Markus Schaber markus at schabi.de
Tue Aug 14 17:34:35 EDT 2001

Hi,

Stephen <shriek at gmx.co.uk> schrub:

> I've looked through the archives regarding using smtplib and the
> numerous MIME related modules for sending email messages with
> attachments. I've found various solutions, some of which no longer
> seem to work, and was quite surprised how this seemingly banal task
> has caused so much trouble. However, in Microsoft Outlook, it's
> possible to embed image files into
> the actual message as opposed to having them attached.  This way, they
> display when the recipient views the message.  Just how does one
> compose a message like that with Python may I ask?

As far as I know, those image _are_ attached. But the body of the
message is html, and contains an img-tag that references the attachment.

May be you can get a raw look on the source of such a message to
further introspect this.

markus
--
1) Customers cause problems.
2) Marketing is trying to create more customers.