constant in python?

Paul Rubin phr-n2001 at nightsong.com
Sun Aug 19 03:52:34 EDT 2001

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> writes:
> It's un-messy, though rather rough-cut at this point.  Best
> coverage is AMK's at http://py-howto.sourceforge.net/rexec/rexec.html.

Thanks, rexec/bastion looks nice and seems to take care of the
problem.  I didn't see that there were enough pre-existing Python
primitives to do that.  I'll have to look at the rexec/bastion code
since it will probably be instructive.

An alternative may be to use one of the remote object schemes to put
the restricted object in a separate Unix process (maybe even on a
separate machine) from the caller.  Then the restricted object could
implement its own access policy and generically defeating the control
would require to breaking Unix security.  This is probably the most
secure possible scheme, but its limitations may not always be
tolerable.