Deposing Dictators

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Fri Aug 3 00:57:36 EDT 2001

[Will Ware]
> I'm trying to remember when and where exactly Guido promised me
> that I would get a heavily weighted vote in the design of Python.
> As I sift through my few memories of direct interaction with Guido,
> I come up with "never".

No, he doesn't promise votes, but if you *want* votes, all you have to do is
ask for them.  Heck, if you want a *million* votes, just ask and you'll get
them too.  I have at least trillions of votes, thanks to a signing bonus.
You can even sell your votes to others, if you want -- votes are granted
under a very Pythonic "do whatever you want" license.  Here:

    | Be it known that this instrument entitles |
    | the bearer to 1000000 (One Million)       |
    | Python Votes.                             |
    | GvR                                       |

Make as many copies as you like.  Guido promises to honor them at the stated
value -- provided that an issue arises that's open to voting.

the-price-of-fool's-gold-is-always-too-high-ly y'rs  - tim