REPOST: Re: Zope Documentation (was RE: Python Popularity: Questions and Comments)

Bill Tate tatebll at aol.com
Sun Dec 30 10:07:22 EST 2001

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message news:<3C2E55A6.D873E301 at engcorp.com>...
> Bill Tate wrote:
> >
> > I understand the "zen" thing,
>
> If you say that, then you don't really understand it. ;-)

  OK - I'll put in another way.  I "perceive" that there exists a
timeline from which the Zope newbie enters the "realm" of
confusion/uncertainty wrt Zope and then eventually achieves some
degree of enlightment, "oneness" or "harmony" if you will with respect
to its use and power.  Fair enough??? :>)

> > but it's not something that business
> > people are going to care about when they making a decision about
> > whether to use it or not.
>
> As a business person, I take mild exception to that.  I'd rather
> have "zen" from Zope than "marketing" from Microsoft.

Hmmm - so as a business person, that begs the question would you
prefer someone pitching Zope to you in abstract terms or would you
prefer them to describe its benefits in practical and concrete terms
that are relevant to any business???  My personal preference is to
ignore the marketing coming from Sun, MS, Oracle, IBM, et.al.; I
prefer to stick to facts that I can substantiate or back up.

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======: