Web Collaboration

mlorfeld matt at lorfeld.com
Mon Dec 24 17:06:03 EST 2001

Paul Rubin <phr-n2001d at nightsong.com> wrote in message news:<7xu1uh2ea5.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>...
> You may get more flexibility having a little client side application
> that navigates the users' browser on command.  Under Windows you'd
> probably use the MSIE Automation interface (IWebBrowser2 COM object)
> for that.  With Linux browsers there's probably something comparable.
> The client side navigating app could itself be a little http listener,
> using the python library class for that.

I don't think I included this in the original thread, but the goal of
the web cobrowsing was to allow cross platform/browser collaboration.
To me that points to a server side application.  Eventually this
should run on Windows, Mac, Linux, Solaris, Xnix... as well as
Mozilla, Konquer (ack), MSIE (ack ack), etc.  Whether cgi, asp, or
something else is the right medium I'm not sure.  Another goal is to
develop this openly.  I'm interested in the http listener, could you
expand upon that?  At most we want a plug-in to the browser, instead
of having a seperate application package as the combination of all
collaboration tools would then call for more application packages or
one bloated AP.
-matt