DOM - some pointers

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Thu Dec 20 11:38:57 EST 2001

Martin von Loewis <loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de> wrote in message news:<j47krjld8o.fsf at informatik.hu-berlin.de>...
> "Andrew Dalke" <dalke at dalkescientific.com> writes:
>
> > So I too am looking for pointers.
>
> You may want to try getting a copy of "Python & XML", by Jones and
> Drake. I don't know whether it is already available; but it certainly
> offers lots of examples - small ones and large ones.

Down this road lies the Enterprise JavaBeans experience, however,
where it seems like there's a lack of really decent material on the
Internet, and that people want you to buy their books anyway. Add to
that a changing standard, old tutorials decaying on Sun's site, and a
chorus of unanswered cries for help (on a Java forum near you!).

Still, I wouldn't mind writing a few documents about getting started
with DOM. I feel myself that I'm still only getting started even now,
although my experiences wouldn't have helped Mr Dalke - I tend only to
read XML documents, not write them.

Paul