PEP status and python-dev summaries

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Fri Feb 9 22:35:36 EST 2001

Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> wrote:
> Should the full text of PEPs be posted at some point?

Jeremy Hylton:
>I think the text would be too long to post directly.  A URL should be
>sufficient.

You must be one of the people lucky enough to be connected
to the net all the time.  I just have a phone line, so
I connect to my ISP, transfer my mail and newsgroup messages,
then disconnect.  When there are links to external sites,
I have to remember to go back and follow those links when
I reconnect.

I would therefore prefer that the first version of a PEP, and
significant changes (where the deltas are incomprehensible
without full context) be posted in full.  I download about
200 messages a day in c.l.py.  I doubt a PEP a week will have
a noticable impact on the transfer time.

On the other hand, I am moving next week and hopefully
should be able to get DSL - I couldn't get any sort of
broadband for this apartment.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at acm.org