RFD comp.lang.python.zope & ZPugDC Meeting Tomorrow

Chris Abraham chris at dc.zdev.org
Tue Jun 19 16:57:36 EDT 2001

Hi Folks:

I have two sort notes.  First one is I would like to test the waters
before I take the initiative to put a proposal together for a newsgroup
for Zope.  I envision this to be a subgroup of comp.lang.python,
comp.lang.python.zope.  As Zope is really an application made of python,
just as Mason is of Perl and Midgard is of PHP and Enhydra is of Java,
methinks this is appropriate.

Secondly, I would like to let all the DC Metro folks know that there is a
Zope-Python user group here in DC tomorrow, and here is the official
announcement:

<<
The presenters for the June 20th meeting will be the gang from Digital
Creations, the company that supports the development of Zope and
Python.  Zope <http://www.zope.org> is a Python-based Open Source web
application server for dynamic web-based business applications such as
intranets and portals.  Zope makes it easy to build features such as site
search, news, personalization, and e-commerce into your web applications.

This meeting is co-sponsored by Zope and Python User Group and DCLUG. It
will be a valuable opportunity for both Zope and Python lovers to dote, as
well as turning on a load of Linux Users to the unique powers, strengths,
and flexibility of Zope and Python -- a couple of swell Open Source
tools. <http://www.zpug.org>

Thanks,

Chris

--
  Chris Abraham <chris at memes.org> +1 202 452 7442 vm
[MemeSpace:VirtualCommunity:ConsiderYourselfInfected!]