Has anyone used UML?

Mats Wichmann xyzmats at laplaza.org
Sun Jun 3 17:18:08 EDT 2001

>If you're interrested in Software then I know of the following that's not in
>the commercial arena:
>
>* I read the other day that the new version of dia (0.88.1) to some degree
>supports UML for Python specifically!  I downloaded it yesterday (from
>Sourceforge I think) but haven't looked at it yet.
>
>* There are a couple of Python specific UML projects underway on sourceforge
>but they seem to be pre-alpha.

How about some pointers?

There's a kit floating around called ArgoUML.   It seems pretty
functional, but as far as generating anything, it's Java-based.
(Surprise!).  On their wishlist, though, is something like "add
support for another language".  Hmmm...there might be an opportunity
there for someone with lots of time on their hands...

As far as books, "UML Distilled" is supposed to be pretty good, but
it's not going to go into the whole modelling/development methodology
thing, just scratch the surface.

Mats Wichmann

(Anti-spam stuff: to reply remove the "xyz" from the
address xyzmats at laplaza.org. Not that it helps much...)