best language for 3D manipulation over web ?

Attila Feher Attila.Feher at lmf.ericsson.se
Wed Jun 6 12:23:46 EDT 2001

Rainer Deyke wrote:

> "Attila Feher" <Attila.Feher at lmf.ericsson.se> wrote in message
> news:3B1DFD87.F3BFDB57 at lmf.ericsson.se...
> > Yep.  But let's say I want to make a non-open-source stuff.  Wrappers
> > are either GNU licenced or damn expensive to buy/make...
>
> SDL: Game API wrapper.  LGPL, so it can be (and has been) used in
> closed-source commercial software.
>
> wxWindows: GUI API wrapper.  LGPL with additional permission to redistribute
> in binary form without restriction, so it can be (and has been) used in
> closed-source commercial software.

Thanx!  I have never payed enough attention than...  So you use
wxWindows?  Last time I saw some important stuff was missing.  I don't
do games (YET) but could you post me (Email) a URL to this SDL?  Who
knows :-)))  Do U think I could write a UML thing based on wxWindows?
What OSs does it support?  Is Apple in it?  As far as I remember it
supported X only, which is a trouble if you want to write sthg you whish
to be used in high security places... (like Pentagon :-)))