AW: How to grab HTML files behind authentification

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.fep.ru
Thu Jun 28 05:59:50 EDT 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, DirkK wrote:
> To be honest, I didn't try this (though it's obvious). But on the other
> hand, the other approach is a bit more transparent, because you control the

   Sure.

> header yourself. Do you have another easy solution for cookies (this would
> have been the next thing I need)?

   No. Currently neither urllib, nor urllib2 nor httplib support cookies.
They do not prevent you to get/set cookie (module Cookie.py, you know), but
that's all.
   IWBN if you develop a generic approach to the problem and implement it
as a patch for httplib and/or urllib or orllib2 - and then apply the patch
to the SourceForge patch manager. If the patch will be accepted by managers
all of will benefit!

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru