best language for 3D manipulation over web ?

TGOS tgos at spamcop.net
Thu Jun 7 10:02:04 EDT 2001

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:51:34 +0200, "Thomas Hansen"
<thomas.hansenNOSPAMORILLSUEYOURASS at entermatch.com> wrote:

> [snip]
> I saw the link given further up to the "Burning Metal" game, and it was
> quite impressing, but it wasn't even in the nearby of WTGD...

Yeah and I repeat myself when saying:
Burning Metal doesn't use Java3D, it's just software emulation.

If Burning Metal would use Java3D, it had:
- Filtered Textures
- MIP Mapping
- Realistic shading
- Alpha transparency
and other neat features.

The demo racing game of WTGD can use all those features and it hardly looks 10%
better than Burning Metal...that's really a pitiful.

--
TGOS