SNMP OIDs for Cisco 6509 & Cable Modems

Wayd Wolf (spam) waydwolf at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 15:35:52 EDT 2001

"Benjamin Schollnick" <junkster at rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
news:junkster-00E689.19403918062001 at typhoon4-0.nyroc.rr.com...
> Folks,
>
>    I'm working with the PySNMP software, which doesn't yet handle MIB ->
> OID conversion....
>
>    So I'm a little stuck, I'm having difficultly tracking down the
> actual numeric OID's for a Cisco 6509 & Industry Standard Cable Modems.
>
>    Does anyone know how to generate the numeric OID's or where I can
> look up the Numeric OID's?
>
>    I found several lists on Cisco's web site, but the 6509 is returning
> that the OID's are not in it's MIB file....
>
>    I can do a SNMPwalk fine on the Cisco 6509, but I'm not positive that
> will corespond with the OID's I downloaded from Cisco... (I haven't had
> a chance to compare yet).
>
>    Help?
>
>          - Benjamin

    Yeesh. Hate to follow your cross-post like this, but I'll make it short
and sweet.
    Don't know why you're using the NMS you're using, but any SNMP browser
which allows for import of ASN1 compliant MIBs should would with the MIBs
from Cisco. As far as I know. I've imported dozens with some of the software
I'm testing and they all worked. I'd open the MIB in a text editor first
though to confim ASN1 notation.
-Wayd Wolf