'with' statement in python ?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Jun 26 15:23:47 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.993577642.28379.python-list at python.org>, D-Man wrote:

>After stating that it _could_ be implemented, I think it is a
>BAD idea because it is just some more magic and can make it
>really hard to trace through how the code will act.

It's just like the implicit "with self" at the beginning of a
C++ method.  It makes it hard to tell by inspection what a
piece of code does.  Making code easy to read/inspect is (or
should be) of upmost importance.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Hello. Just walk
                                  at               along and try NOT to think