Using the Python license

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Mon Jun 18 11:59:23 EDT 2001

"Thomas" <NoSpam at NoSpam.com> writes:
> And, does anyone have a link to some comparative information about the
> different licenses?  I'm interested in the main 'anything goes' licenses:
> Python, BSD, and the LGPL.

The differences between the Python and BSD/X11 licenses stem from
CNRI's legal counsel not believing that the BSD license is actually
valid, for various incomprehensible and/or unconvincing reasons.  This
is why the Python 2.0 license is a page long and the BSD license is
three paragraphs.  You can use the Python license if you like, but why
not just use the X11 license?  (The X11 license was also the Python
1.5.2 license)

--amk