BLT through Pmw

Reggie Dugard reggie at merfinllc.com
Fri Jun 29 13:50:19 EDT 2001

Volker,

I've just been catching up with my e-mail and I didn't see any response
to your question, so I thought I'd put in my 2 cents.  I'm not sure if
this is the "correct" way, but this is how I got it to work.

I installed BLT under the tcl directory found in the standard python
distribution.  I then moved tcl\lib\tcl8.3\blt2.4 up to
tcl\tcl8.3\blt2.4 so that the pkgIndex.tcl file could be found by TCL.
I also made sure that the tcl\bin directory is in the path so that the
DLL's could be found.

I played with this a while before I got it to work and this method is a
kludge, so if you find a cleaner way to do the install, I'd appreciate
it if you'd pass it on.

I hope this helps; good luck!

Reggie Dugard

Merfin, LLC                             Voice:  925-937-4560
1460 Maria Lane, Suite 420              FAX:    925-937-4530
Walnut Creek, CA 94596                  Mailto:reggie at merfinllc.com