Python equivalent of CPAN Library modules

GADGIL PRASAD /INFRA/INFOTECH GADGILP at INFOTECH.ICICI.com
Mon Jun 18 02:15:20 EDT 2001

hello,

I kinda find larry wall's thaught very interesting. And his complete
openness of ppl choosing lang other than perl.

So, what I wanna ask is,
is it technically possible to use perl modules from python programs.. ?

not parrot maybe but something in between....

/prasad

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin von Loewis [mailto:loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de]
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2001 11:25 PM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: Python equivalent of CPAN Library modules

davehurt at flash.net (David Hurt) writes:

> I would appreciate any feedback on the practicality/usefulness/etc. of
this
> effort.

I think it will be a huge effort, and it might be that the outcome is
not all that useful, e.g. you might find that the most often requested
CPAN modules have already good Python equivalents. I'm not sure what
you'd do when the Python module offers the same functionality, but
with a totally different API.

That said, if you volunteer to do the work, I'm sure many people would
be interested to see what the result is.

Regards,
Martin

.