HTTPSHandler ??? (where is it)

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 04:48:44 EDT 2001

In article <OrOT6.266$q82.3725 at news3.oke.nextra.no>, RCS
<rcstadheim at scarabweb.com> writes
>In the documentation of the ActiveState distribution for Python 2.1 there is
>listed as one of the objects of urllib2 the HTTPSHandler (for https
>requests).
>
>On the Python prompt (>>>), the list for dir(urllib2) gives me a reference
>to the HTTPHandler (among various other objects), but the HTTPSHandler there
>is not.
>
>Does anyone know something about this?
>
>Tia,
>Rolf C Stadheim

have a search on parnassus for M2crypto; that has quite good wrapper for
ssl stuff and there's certainly a replacement for urllib/httplib that
handles https. It does work, but some report problems with memory leaks.

On the other hand it is possible to patch the python socket code to work
with ssl and I have gone that route and found it works well on the
client side.
--
Robin Becker