Good Editor?

Nathaniel Gray n8gray at
Fri Mar 23 04:32:56 CET 2001

Sorry if this goes through twice, you never know with news server errors
whether your post got posted.

fjs wrote:

> Can someone recomend a good editor to write python in?  Im just getting
> started learning python and dont know which ones support python.
> thanks

On *NIX check out NEdit (  It's got syntax
highlighting support for a ton of languages, a simple and powerful
scripting language, rock-solid stability, and it's light on resources.
Plus, you don't have to time-warp backwards 30 years to understand the
keyboard accellerators (unless you already think C-x C-f for "open file" is
intuitive.  I'd bash the vi command too if I'd ever bothered to learn what
it was...).

             Nathaniel Gray
   California Institute of Technology
     Computation and Neural Systems