Bug fix releases

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Sat Mar 3 16:58:40 EST 2001

In article <mailman.983648765.842.python-list at python.org>,
Guido van Rossum  <guido at digicool.com> wrote:

>That's how all of us here at PythonLabs are feeling...  I feel a
>community task coming.  I'll bless a 2.0.1 release and the general
>idea of bugfix releases, but doing the grunt work won't be a
>PythonLabs task.  Someone else inside or outside Python-dev will have
>to do some work.  Aahz?

I'm certainly committing to be the cheerleader/explainer (meaning that
every time someone complains about the lack of a bugfix release, I tell
them how to get one -- not just flippantly like Uncle Timmy, but in the
sense that there's a real process available for making it happen).

Not sure how much of the actual code I can do, but we'll see what
happens.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Nostalgia just ain't what it used to be