Creation d'un NG francophone sur Python

Steve Purcell stephen_purcell at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 04:53:19 EST 2001

Michael Spencer wrote:
> Pardon, mais pourquoi un NG pour Python en français?
>
> Python a créé par un nederlandais qui a écrit en anglais - pas sa langue
> natif. Il a écrit en anglais à assurer la plus grande distribution de ses
> idées. Pourquoi on marcherait en arrière aux temps quand chaque groupe
> a maintenu sa <<independance>> par s'isoler des autres?

Oh, come on.  If a bunch of Francophones (or any other linguistic group) want
to be able to ask each other Python questions in their native language, how is
that 'moving backwards'?  They have work to do, they often write their
code in their native language, and they don't have time to waste on
carefully formulating postings in foreign languages such as English.

Besides, if they post in their own languages to *this* newsgroup, they get
unhelpful responses like your suggestion that they step into line and
speak English instead.

-Steve

--
Steve Purcell, Pythangelist