Working with soaplib...

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Mar 31 06:37:30 EST 2001

Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> AssertionError: argument must be tuple, method call/response, or fault
> instance
> - ----------------------------------------
>
> I think there's something wrong with my return statements of the
> not working functions but can't seem to figure out what to do about
> it.

the quickest fix is probably to change soapserver's do_POST
method to something like:

            # generate response
            try:
                response = self.call(method, params)
                # wrap response in a singleton tuple
                response = (response,)
            except:
                # report exception back to server

Cheers /F

PS. we're currently doing interop testing of soaplib 0.9.x
(a major overhaul).  eta mid-april.