Coroutines, and memory leaks

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Thu Mar 8 23:07:42 EST 2001

In article <8oh089.7it.ln at 127.0.0.1>, David Given <dg at pearl.tao.co.uk> wrote:

>1. Does Python do coroutines?
>
>Reason: at one part of the program I want to run a command-line-like
>routine, that processes and emits log messages at intervals. I want to
>display the result in a window. The most elegant way of connecting this
>routine to GTK is to put them in different threads; but since I don't need
>true concurrency, coroutines would be the simplest solution.

Actually, in Python, threads probably *are* the simplest solution.  One
problem with coroutines is that blocking I/O causes the coroutines to
block.  Anyway, I just finished putting up links to my IPC9 slideshow,
which you may find useful:

http://starship.python.net/crew/aahz/

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"..., and some of you may regard all women as evil traps that exist only
to tease, torture, and suck out your very soul."  --DrMax