IPC9 quotes wanted

Garry Hodgson garry at sage.att.com
Tue Mar 13 14:50:36 EST 2001

"A.M. Kuchling" wrote:

> I intended to put a note on the message board about this, but
> forgot...  If you were at IPC9 and heard someone say something
> quotable, please let me know who it was and what they said, so that it
> can be added to the quotation file.  Thanks!

greg wilson, in his excellent "so you want to write about python?"
tutorial, was speaking about the importance of source control.
i don't have the exact quote (my notes are elsewhere), but he said
something along the lines of:

	given the choice between a good text editor and a good source
	control system, i'll take the source control, and use "cat" to
	write my code.

excellent advice.

--
Garry Hodgson                   Once in a while
Senior Hacker                   you can get shown the light