Processing XML

Martin Skott martin.skott at propylon.com
Tue Mar 6 11:58:49 EST 2001

Timothy Grant <tjg at exceptionalminds.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> For all of you at P9, I hope you are having a grand time, I
> wish I could be there!

Yeah, lucky bastards. Ireland is cold this time of year...
> I have Sean McGrath's book on XML Processing with Python, and
> have played a bit with Pyxie. At the moment I can accomplish
> more with Pyxie than I can with PyXML on its own. However, for
> some reason I'm a bit uncomfortable with it for some reason.

I felt the same way, but after having worked with Sean (and Pyxie)
since september some of it has gone away. Pyxie is in many ways a
state of mind.
> Part of my discomfort comes from the fact that part of my
> interest in XML is that it is so broadly useful. I am curious
> as to whether I will come to a point where I find Pyxie to be
> limiting the usefulness of my use of XML.

Pyxie does have some limits (and some ugly bugs have shown up lately),
but it takes some special documents/situations to reach them.
> If Pyxie is a good choice, how do I add nodes to a document
> stored as an xTree?

Use the String2xTree function to create a mini tree of your sting and
then use the paste functions to insert it into your main tree.

--
Martin Skott
Software Developer