Setting Exception data.

Ivan Munoz imunoz at eso.org
Sat Mar 10 22:00:22 EST 2001

Hi,

I have a C extension module called 'foo' and I define an Exception class
for it foo.error.

When raising a foo.error exception In my C code I set the error object
to some data (an object defined on my extension module, an integer and a
string) as follows:

 v=Py_BuildValue("Ois", e, errorNumber, errStr);
 if (v != NULL) {
   PyErr_SetObject(ErrorObject, v);
   Py_DECREF(v);
 }

so far so good, in Python then I catch this exception as:

except foo.error, (object, errnum, errstr):

Now what is the right way to acomplish the same from Python?, this does
not seem to work ....

    raise foo.error MyObject, errnum, 'You are toasted'

thanx in advance,
IvO