list vs tuple

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Mar 31 04:21:58 EST 2001

Michael Prager wrote:
> I believe it's important enough to be mentioned pretty close to
> Page 1, and in practical terms understandable by those more interested
> in getting work done than in semantics of programming languages
> as an independent field.

agreed.

> >more info here:
> >
> >    http://effbot.org/guides/python-objects.htm
>
> Thanks!  Very nice!

it's derived from the introductory parts in our training
courses.  in my experience, explaining the object model
first tends to minimize the "mutability" confusion (you
may still get surprised when you mess up the references,
but you'll quickly figure out what's going on)

I've seen Python books that don't discuss this at all,
except for some carefully arranged "everything you
know is wrong" traps in the exercise sections...

Cheers /F