Get terminal size in perl and python

Kalle Svensson kalle at gnupung.net
Thu Mar 8 14:24:36 EST 2001

Sez Egbert Bouwman:
> My perl correspondent uses:
>     use Term::ReadKey;
>     ($cols,$lines)=GetTerminalSize()
> What is the python equivalent ?

I'd use os.environ["COLUMNS"] and os.environ["LINES"], but I've no idea
about how portable they are.  Do you know how the perl function is
implemented?

Anyway, if you're getting all fancy, perhaps it is better to use curses?

> If I don't come up with one, python looses ten points.

Is that so?  You can keep your filthy perl points! <0.7 wink>

Peace,
  Kalle
--
Email: kalle at gnupung.net     | You can tune a filesystem, but you