Python 2.1 beta 1 documentation online--extending on Windows doc.

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Mar 5 23:15:22 EST 2001

"Scottie" <me at nospam.net> wrote
[about the beta docs]
> I note the "4.1 A Cookbook Approach" (windows version)
> refers to Ascher's compile.py script from
> http://starship.python.net/crew/da/compile/
> which is not, unfortunately, available at that address.
>
> http://starship.python.net/crew/da
> claims the new home page is:
>     http://starship.python.net:9673/crew/da
> and the old contents are on:
>     http://starship.python.net/crew/da/index_old.html
> There you can find a link for
>     An automatic extension compilation tool
> which points to:
>     http://starship.python.net/crew/da/compile
>

> What's a poor boy to do?

Well, if he felt concerned as to whether this was an endemic problem in that
part of the web world, he might do worse than checking the web as a whole.
The GUI-based version of webchecker (a neat tool that comes with this
language called Python ;-) says of http://starship.python.net/crew/da/:

523 total, 6 bad

<1% broken links is probably better than the average search engine output.

I am Cc'ing David Ascher on this mail, as I am sure he will be able to let
Fred have the correct reference (if he has not already).

feeling-my-own-23-total-1-bad-is-puny-by-comparison-even-though-the-bad-one-
        is-actually-good-javascript-ly y'rs  - steve