Paring down diskspace required by a Python-2.0 installation

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Mon Mar 19 20:21:48 EST 2001

My webhost only has Python 1.5.1 as default install. So, in my own webspace, I
have installed Python 2.0

However, it takes up so much space, that I have had to purchase extra disk
space.

What I want to know, is what I can safely delete off of this Linux box (Red
Hat) that my site is running on.

So far, I copied the contents of the Demo/ and Tools/ directories to my home
machine, and deleted them off of my web host's machine. I also deleted the
Docs/ folder (and contents), since I have a copy on my home machine. And the
PC folders (both of them). I also removed the contents of the test/ folder to
my home machine, and deleted it from my web host.

What I am wondering if I can delete, now, is...well I guess it is the source
directories. Like Grammar/ and Modules/ which have only .c and .h and .o files
in them. These files are not used for running Python, only for creating the
executable, right? So can I safely delete them?

Is there anything else I can remove?

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/