gah! I hate the new string syntax

Tim Hammerquist tim at
Tue Mar 6 08:30:15 CET 2001

Skip Montanaro <skip at> wrote:
> (In reality, I actually do my best to make my Perl code look as much like
> Python to my Python-infected mind as I can.)

You are probably selling yourself short as far as Perl is concerned.
While I will never say that Perl is better than Python (nor the other
way 'round, for that matter), trying to use Pythonic syntax in Perl can
make the code run hundreds of times slower than taking advantage of Perl
idioms.  If idioms are too much of an obstacle, maybe Python's a better
choice for you.

-Tim Hammerquist <timmy at>

Big egos are big shields for lots of empty space.
	-- Diana Black