Compiling python under Windows

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Tue Mar 13 12:20:25 EST 2001

Steve wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to build python on win32 with either mingw (the win32 port of
> gcc) or the borland free compiler?  As I don't want to have to buy MS VC++
> just to try a changes that I plan to the core.

Python 2.1 beta 1 does. I have built it with a Cygwin compiler (you need
a recent one). IIRC Python 2.0 under GCC will not work out of the box.

Gerhard

PS: If you use the Cygwin compiler in Cygwin mode, be sure to compile
with --no-threads, as the Cygwin threads isn't quite there yet.
--
Sorry for the fake email, please use the real one below to reply.
contact: g e r h a r d @ b i g f o o t . d e